ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IN NEED
OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE?
THORMINC Planning and payment services offer
a safe and simple solution for your financial needs.
As an official representative payee appointed by the Social Security
Administration, THORMINC seeks to serve those in need of
assistance in managing funds. As a fee for service provider, our
goal is to assist by using benefits to pay for current and future
needs - along with saving for the unexpected.
WHO NEEDS A REPRESENTATIVE PAYEE?
The law requires most minor children and all legally incompetent
adults to have payees. In all other situations, adult beneficiaries are
presumed to be capable of managing benefits. If there is evidence
to the contrary, however, SSA may gather evidence and determine
there is a need to appoint a representative payee.
Regulations of Social Security often change - therefore
many situations may require reporting and representation
to the SSA. We can take care of your needs for unplanned
events and changes in your benefits.
WHAT CHANGES OR OCCURANCES
REQUIRE REPORTING TO
• The beneficiary dies;
• The beneficiary moves;
• The beneficiary marries;
• The beneficiary starts or stops working,
even if the earnings are small;
• A disabled beneficiary's condition improves;
• The beneficiary starts receiving another government benefit,
or the amount of that benefit changes;
• The beneficiary plans to leave the U.S. for 30 days or more;
• The beneficiary is imprisoned for a crime that carries a sentence
of over one month;
• The beneficiary is committed to an institution by court order for
a crime committed because of mental impairment;
• Custody of a child beneficiary changes or a child is adopted;
• The beneficiary is a child (including a stepchild), and
the parents divorce;
• You can no longer be payee; or
• The beneficiary no longer needs a payee.
FINANCIAL PLANNING SERVICES:
• Direct billing to our offices allow for quick payments
• Payments made immediately as funds and benefits become available
• Complete and accurate financial reports delivered to social security
• Additional services offered for gifts, vacations, burials, etc.
• Periodic budget and need assessments provided
• Receipt and records management for all expenditures
• Weekly/monthly client visits to ensure success
• Case Management
• Financial Management
• Personal Office Representative
• Food Stamp Application
• Mental Health Advocate
• Ex-Offender Re-entry Assistance
• Social Security Application Assistance
• Food and Transportation Referral Service
• Substance Abuse Counseling and Treatment
• Family Counseling
• Mental Health Counseling
HAVE A PROBLEM OR QUESTION?
Contact THORMINC Ministries at 904-354-2233 between 9am-5pm
Monday - Friday, with exception on Wednesdays due to auditing purposes.
Please leave a message explaining your concern and we will contact you
within 48 hours. If you have any additional questions
please feel free to visit: www.socialsecurity.gov/payee
Please find the below forms
fill out and bring into our offices.
Authorize for Release of Information
Client HMIS Agreement Form
Advance Notification of Representative Payment
Client Information Part 2
Client Information Part 3